Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

48 weeks!? Isn't that like 12 months pregnant?

Even though there are 52 weeks in a year don't we generally count 4 weeks as a month and doesn't 12x4=48? I always get confused.

But that's what the doc said yesterday at my appointment. I'm measuring 48 weeks if there were a single baby in there. I'm dialated to a 3 and about 50% effaced. And my blood pressure is "a thing of beauty and continues to defy all odds" as he said.

I'm glad that overall I am healthy and the babies are super healthy and good sizes.

I ended up at the hospital this last Saturday and Sunday. I started throwing up each morning every 15-20 min and couldn't stop. It had happend the Monday previous and the doc gave me an IV and sent me on my way. Thats pretty much what they did on Saturday, but on Sunday I was having hard contractions every 2-3 minutes and they kept me at the hospital for 4 hours. I thought they were going to have them that day. But my cervix didn't change in the last hour and they sent me home....contractions and all.

One of the nurses there said the kindest thing to me anyone has said about having twins, she said that though it is hard now just know that there were two little best friends in heaven and they told each other they weren't going to come to earth without the other, and because they were valliant enough in the prexistence our Heavenly Father granted them that wish.....yeah, I cried. I still cry when I think about it.

We are getting close though. I can't imagine being pregnant much longer. I'll be 37 weeks in 10 days. That is the longest they said I would be pregnant. And I'll see Doctor Astle on Monday again.

Not much longer. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment