Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

sickness...

Does anyone really ever expect to get sick? This sore throat cough thing is already pretty old. I've totally lost my voice and my kids can't understand a word I am saying. Its kinda funny To have Ben translate everything for me.

But really the worst part is nearly every time I cough guess what happens....yep...I pee my pants. I'm going to have to start wearing some Depends or something it is getting ridiculous!

But I guess when you are pregnant your immune system works at a minimum, which is good otherwise it would try and get rid of  the baby(ies). I can't complain too much though. Even though my kiddos and husband have been sick this winter I hadn't gotten anything til now.

On another note...I'm less then 100 days til my ACTUAL due date. 98 to be exact. I suppose it doesn't really mean much since I already know that I'm not going to last that long. I guess it just makes it all more inevitable?

I'll meet with Doctor Astle on Tuesday. (15th) I'm not so excited for that. I think they are going to make me do a glucose test and of course the dreaded weighing in. Plus he's going to tell me that i need to stop working. (Its what the nurse said when I called about what I could take to help relieve some of my symptoms.) Oh Well. We'll just have to wait and see. But I am excited to hear the babies heartbeats.

They had a couple of bad days in a row (not as much movement as usual) But they perked up last night and this morning. :)

Back to my hot lemon water and honey...Maybe I'll get the courage to gargle salt water today.

No comments:

Post a Comment