Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Labor and Delivery Round 1

Last night I spent the evening in Labor and Delivery...

I cleaned the kitchen yesterday morning and about 1pm I was feeling A LOT of pressure and a few contractions. So I did what I normally do when it happens I get a drink of water and lay down.

The kids usually do fine...watch TV, Jackson plays outside. Luckily Dylan was napping.

4pm eventually rolled around and I was feeling nauseated so I got up and was playing working on the computer. And I had a contraction, and another one, and another one and another. They were really uncomfortable and were no more then five minutes apart and it went on for about 40 minutes. I called Ben and asked him to hurry home (he was just about to leave for the day anyway) and I made a call to the doc and she said to go to Labor and Delivery.

I didn't really think I would be there more then an hour or so. I got there about 6pm and didn't leave until 10:30pm! I had semi-high blood pressure but only trace protein in my urine, which is good and means they aren't worried about pre-eclampsia. They also took some blood to check my liver for damage from the high blood pressure and they swabbed my cervix for a hormone that may cause preterm labor. It turns out I have a UTI brewing, which may be the reason for the cramping.  Doctor Winward put my on bed rest til I can see my own doc on Monday.

Yep, three days on bed rest. I'm taking it pretty well, so far, but I think Ben is ultra stressed about it. He keeps snapping at the boys for just being the rambuncious little guys they are. Luckily my mom is coming to the rescue. And when I say rescue I mean she is rescuing the boys.....from boredom and Ben. lol.  Ben and I will rescue my parents on Sunday and Ben will be home on Monday (his normal day off) and hopefully the doc will see fit to take me off of bed rest so that I may return to a modified daily routine.

The babies had fantastic heartbeats and loads of movement. Baby B was giving the nurses fits the entire time. They are just fine. It's me who is having the problem.

I have an ultrasound on Wednesday with MFM doctors. I can't wait to see the little stinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment