Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Friday, April 1, 2011

March 29 Ultrasound

I got a sneak peek at the babies the other day. It always makes me feel SO much better....well, knowing that the babies are good, makes me feel better.

This time around the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) doc had a few extra words for me.

The babies are measuring 10 and 7 days LARGER then the due date. Well, My first baby was a 10 pounder and the second was a 9 pounder and he was a week early, I'm not THAT surprised.

But he insisted that he is SURE I have gestational diabetes, even without a test, given my history with insulin resistance and the current size of the babes, and he set me up the a diabetic counselor for the very next day and told me NOT to do the glucose test with Doc Astle's office.

What does that mean for me? On the bright side, I don't have to do that nasty glucose test and I get to eat 5-6 small meals a day. All loaded with protein and few carbs. NOT so hard right? Just have to be a better planner. No concentrated sugar...i.e. candy (my fave right now), chocolate, cookies, cereal--the only thing quick enough in the morning so I don't barf (thank you prenatals) and so on. I will test my blood sugar before and after EVERY meal. Not too bad right? Its just going to be hard to adjust my diet and it's going to take A LOT of pre-planning for meals.

Sigh...the things we do for our children. Even before they are born :) But i am happy to do it if it means they are born healthy.

On another note...I am becoming increasingly more irritable and frustrated. Frustrated with body, frustrated with the lack of sleep and frustrated with the soreness. This too shall pass...right? Yep, it will, in no more then 7 or 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment