Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tired...

I saw Doc Astle on the 17th. I will see him every two weeks now that I'm entering my third trimester. No weight gained, blood pressure and everything else is normal.

He measured my ever growing belly....If there were only ONE baby in there I would be measuring at 35 weeks. Whoa huh...I'm starting not to breath so well going up stairs and I'm feeling a lot of pressure.

I've been so tired growing these babies that I'm not really able to "roll with the punches" so to speak anymore.

Last night I flipped out on Ben because he was trying to teach Jackson to eat what he has on his plate for dinner. Something I don't normally get upset about. But Jackson just did NOT like it. I wasn't going to make him anything else to eat...that is our rule...what's for dinner is what's for dinner and if you don't like it you can choose not to eat it, but you don't get anything else...but I just couldn't handle the argument last night and flipped out and yelled at Ben...in front of the kids, something I desperately try not to do.  I even dropped an "F" bomb I think. I feel terrible.

We also learned a day or so ago that it was nearing the time to register Jackson for KINDERGARTEN! I've been really excited for this milestone of Jackson's and I know he is going to LOVE it. I learned a lot about a really great teacher at Sunset elementary and was really excited to try and get him into her class. Plus the school is literally 2 blocks away and it would be a great thing to get out and walk to get him. But this morning I learned that we are zoned for Arrowhead Elementary (another "f" bomb dropped, but not in front of the kids). I called my friend Kristy and she confirmed and I started BAWLING! I could not get myself together. I know, it is TOTALLY NOT the end of the world and yet here I was boobing like a baby about it. She probably thinks I'm loosing my mind (she is also the relief society president, lol). I just felt SO unprepared because I didn't even know where the school was! Let alone the teachers there.

Anyway...we got over there and got him tested and I filled out some paper work but he isn't all the way registered because apparently you have to have the kindergarten immunizations BEFORE you register (appointment on Tuesday).  But the school a newer school and its in a good neighborhood and Jackson will get to be a big boy get to ride the bus. (which I'm super nervous about) We are asking to be in an afternoon class because it will give me a little bit of extra time in the morning to get EVERYONE up and going. (2 babies + 2 little boys + a mommy= a long time) Plus, Jackson usually gets bored by afternoon time so I think it will work out just right.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    As I was reading through your blog tonight it has brought back so many fond memories. It has kind of brought me to tears remembering my pregnancy with the twins and how much it consumed my everything like you said it has done to you. I remember the diabetes thing and the carpal tunnel(which killed me!!)I know that life gets so crazy and that at moments you feel like a bad mom because of not paying as much attention to your boys. Always remember what a wonderful mother that you are. Your boys wont remember this brief moment in their lives! Vent all you want and take in as much as you can because when the twins are 15 months like mine you will look back and wonder what the heck happend to my babies!! Not just the twins but all of them! They grow up so fast. Enjoy each day as much as you can but remember to cry and vent and have your bad days because that is what makes up stronger as moms! I love you and I remember going through all that that you are! it does get easier I promise. Please call me to help you whenever you need it! I am here I would love to watch your boys make you dinner or clean your house for you! Please Please call me to help you! Hangin there!
    PS Arrowhead is a great sschool DONT get overwhelmed with all that they throw at you!! Karter had Mrs. Robinson for 3 months and she was GREAT! It is one of the top schools in southern utah!! Call me if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete