Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ultrasound yesterday!

Had an ultrasound yesterday with the maternal fetal medicine doctors. I got to take my mom and grandma too. I was really cool to share that experience with them. Especially my mom. Seriously, it may not even seem like that long ago she was at the doctors pregnant with me. And for it to come full circle is pretty cool I think.

The MFM doc said because of my pre-existing condition of insulin resistance (pre-type 2 diabetes) I should start checking my blood sugars now. To make sure they aren't elevated and if they are to let Doctor Astle know when I see him on the 14th. Cause if they are....lucky me gets to take metformin. It could be worse right?

And the last time i saw doctor Astle he told me not to gain anymore weight. I had lost 20 pounds during the first trimester and now that I'm able to eat again I'm back to my original weight. So...I need to start eating better. but i can't have any sodium. But I still need to remember some carbohydrates, and don't forget at least 2000 calories and all the rest of the info from the food pyramid.

AND....I'm pretty dang sure Doc Astle was upset with me the last time I had lost weight and asked me if I was dieting. Wouldn't NOT gaining anymore weight during a pregnancy be interpreted as "go on a diet". I guess the trick is not to loose more weight then the babys gain in a 2 week period? I'm so confused. There is TONS of information out there, and it is all conflicting.

Someone just tell me what I'm supposed to eat, how much and when...I'm too tired to try and figure it all out on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment