Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Phew! It really could have been a worse thing....

As hard as it is to rearrange schedules, and find a sitter for the kids I am ALWAYS relieved when I have a doctors appointment. (it is SO worth the headache for my 30 min. appointment)

I am very much a "see it to believe it" type person. So until I can feel the baby (or in this case babies) move and can count their movements, I'm a bundle of nervous between visits.

Recently, my right arm has been falling asleep randomly. You know, the tingley feeling when you have sat on your foot too long? And I have been worried that the babies weren't getting the right blood flow or my heart was weak or something horrible. When I was telling the doctor my symptoms he told me, "you have carpal tunnel." then began to tell me how and what happens and why pregnant women get carpal tunnel.

Phew! I was really worried about my heart and the babies. Carpal tunnel I can deal with but a heart condition...maybe not so much.

Then...the doc said "NO salt the rest of the pregnancy, and make sure you up your fluid intake." No salt? as in no ADDED salt or no sodium? So...I'm cutting out a lot of sodium and not adding ANY salt to anything I eat. Bland? YEP! you bet, but it will be worth it in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that you are having twin girls! Congrats!! I hear you on the carpal tunnel thing. That scared me with my first pregnancy. It was all up my left arm with some really bad pain...i thought i was having a heart attack or something...

    But anyway. Take care of yourself and your precious ones! Girls...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on two little girls! How exciting. I'm happy for you guys. I bet your boys are excited.

    ReplyDelete