Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

December 21, 2010

Third appointment with Doctor Astle.

I really had had the flu the previous two days. I was so so sick. I stopped taking my prenatal vitamin. I know that they make me a little queasy and I seriously didn't need anymore nausea on top of what the flu was putting me through.

We are preparing for Christmas and that is really what has been on my mind. I'm still tired ALL the time and I've been picking up a few extra hours at Marv's. AND I can barely stand the site of people. Including my own family. I have been very grumpy and very short with everyone. And stupid people are the worst.

Of course, I see someone i know there this week. I try not to make eye contact, he is there after all with his new wife, and my hair is not done, nor do I have makeup on. (which isn't really anything new)

I sign in and luckily almost as quickly they call me back. Pee, stick, weight (down 12lbs! WTH!) and blood pressure.

The nurse asks if we are doing an ultrasound today and i told her I didn't know. (Why would I know? Your the nurse right?) So she leaves and comes back and moves me to the ultrasound room.

Yeah! I get to see my little babies again. By now I am 14 weeks and the babies actually look like babies now. So undressed I get again and in comes the doctor.

He looks at my chart and asks me how I have been feeling. I told him I either had had some food poisoning or the flu the previous couple of days and am recovering still from that. Then he says "Oh wow, that is alot of weight to loose in a month, hopefully most of that is just water weight. You aren't TRYING to loose weight are you? Are you dieting? You have dropped nearly 20lbs since the first time I saw you. Are you eating?"

"What? dieting?" I think "Who does that while they are pregnant?" I tell him no and that there just isn't much that I CAN eat let alone very much of and then there is always being able to keep it down.

After a discussion about keeping a steady weight. We begin the ultrasound. And there they are. My beautiful babies. Baby "A" is going crazy, moving around and wiggling and baby "B" moving but not not as much as it's sibling. It is so neat to see them. They still have VERY good dividing line as well as their own placenta, and look at their little heartbeats go.

Last appointment the nurses set up an appointment for me with the maternal fetal medicine doc. for January 3. There we will find out what the sexes of the babies are.

The day still seems so far away. I love you little babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment