Why I'm blogging...

I am expecting twins and even though I am a "seasoned" mother this pregnacy has been different then the others. I have done a fair amount of searching and have not found much literature on what to expect with a multiples pregnancy.

So this is my attempt to journal the happenings and the unexpected in my life while pregnant.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

November 23, 2010

Today was the first appointment back since I found out I was having twins. At this point I was only 10 weeks. And these last four weeks have been hell.

First, I have gotten more sick, throwing up several times a day. Not able to eat very many things at all. and not being of any use to anyone til after noon.

Second, I have been largely worried about miscarrying one or both the babies. I'm so in love with my little unborn babies that i would be VERY upset if I lost one, or both.

At the doctor's i ALWAYS run into people I know, but not necessarily want to talk to. But luckily not today. I've had to pee for awhile but I just keep holding it.

Finally my turn, I'm hoping that they will do an ultrasound, mostly for my peace of mind. After the obnoxious peeing in a cup and dipping my urine protein test strip, getting my blood pressure, and then my weight (down 4lbs), they set me up in the ultrasound room.

YES! I get to see my babies, well, they are more like Lima beans right now but still, they are my babies. Shoot, I have to get undressed, oh well, at least it's only from the waist down.

When the doctor walks in he asks me if I have recovered from the shock of having twins. I am a little embarrassed. I must have been a little more overwhelmed at the time then I thought. He then asks me how I have been and if I had any questions and we proceeded on to the ultrasound.

Ahhh....there they are. Looking like Lima beans, they have a good dividing line and their heartbeats look great.

Phew. Now if I can just hang on another few weeks til my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment